Three charged with arson on Persian media offices in London
Two teenagers and a 21-year-old man are due in court charged with arson with intent to endanger life.
Coverage by Political Leaning
See how different sides of the spectrum reported this story
Key People
No people linked to this story
Locations
All Coverage
Two teenagers and a 21-year-old man are due in court charged with arson with intent to endanger life.
Three individuals—Oisin McGuinness (21), Nathan Dunn (19), and a 16-year-old boy—have been charged with arson with intent to endanger life following an attack on a Persian-language media organization in northwest London. McGuinness faces an additional charge of dangerous driving. The incident involved a burning container being thrown toward the media building, landing in a car park where the fire extinguished without causing injuries or damage. The suspects were apprehended after their black SUV crashed during a police chase.
UK counter-terrorism police are leading investigations into three recent arson attacks in London, including an attempted attack on a Persian-language media outlet. Though not currently classified as terrorist acts, authorities are examining possible motivations due to the similarities among the incidents. These attacks occurred as tensions rise globally, with police citing increased hostile activity potentially linked to foreign states.
A teenager and two men have been arrested after an attempted arson attack at the offices of a Persian media organisation in north-west London, the Metropolitan police said. Officers on patrol were told at about 8.30pm on Wednesday that an 'ignited container' had been thrown towards the site in Wembley, landing in a car park where the fire immediately died out. There were no injuries and no damage was reported.
Three men have been arrested following an attempted arson attack on the offices of a Persian language media organisation in north-west London. An ignited container was thrown towards the premises at around 8.30pm on Wednesday, Metropolitan Police has said. The container landed in a car park, and the fire immediately put itself out. No injuries or damage were reported.
British police said on April 16 they had arrested three men in connection with an attempted arson attack on the offices of a Persian-language media organisation in north-west London. An ignited container was thrown towards the premises of the unnamed media outlet in Wembley on the evening of April 15, landing in a car park where the fire extinguished itself. No damage was reported, and there were no injuries, the police said.
Similar Stories
Related coverage based on topic and tags
Two dead and hundreds evacuated as twin fires break out on Greek island
Nearly 200 firefighters are trying to keep the two fires apart on Salamina, Greek media report.
August 16, 2026 at 05:44 PMEstonia PM says arson attack on defence contractor may be linked to Russia - Reuters
Estonia PM says arson attack on defence contractor may be linked to Russia Reuters
August 18, 2026 at 07:19 PMIranian parliament votes to further criminalise interviews with 'hostile media' - Reuters
Iranian parliament votes to further criminalise interviews with 'hostile media' Reuters
August 16, 2026 at 12:18 PMUS charges 17 Iranians over 'massive' cyber theft campaign
Many of the alleged cyber attacks were carried out for the Iranian government, the Department of Justice says.
August 19, 2026 at 09:48 AMBBC visits smouldering Kyiv market after Russian strikes
Six people were injured in the strike on the market selling second-hand records, posters, toys and tools.
August 16, 2026 at 12:18 PMIran executes man convicted of running over police during January protests - Reuters
Iran executes man convicted of running over police during January protests Reuters
August 16, 2026 at 10:50 AM